Moor Pool is embarking on a large fundraising campaign to help secure the local Moor Pool open spaces and community buildings. Plans are also in hand to convert a local disused building to an eco classroom and provide a community park which Moor Pool lacks.
More information on these plans are in the document 'The Way Forward' and plans for a Moor Pool Trust
Alex - April - July 2014
Alex has raised over £2,900 to date
Alex - November 2013
Update: Alex has sold all 100 squares and raisied £1,200. The first draw was held at the coffee morning on the 30th and the winners were Louise and Nigel who live on Carless Avenue.
1. Informal meeting to organise the MPHT Charity Ball in the summer, 2014 this coming Sunday (17th November) at 11:00am at 55 Carless Avenue. All welcome.
2. Alex has set himself a bigger target for the MPHT fund-raising this year (2013/2014) at £2,000. Please can you support him?
3. Alex's 100 Square. Spaces still available at £12.00 for the year. The first draw will be on Saturday 30th November at the MRA Coffee Morning. In addition, a huge thank you to all those who have already contributed.
4. Monday 16th December - Christmas Lunch, including Festive Entertainment. Jayne is organising a Christmas Lunch at Moor Pool Hall (large) from 12:30 - 2:30pm. The cost is £15.00pp (children under the age of 3 - no charge) and includes: a drink on arrival, children from Saint Thomas' Primary School's Nativity Choir, Festive sandwiches, crisps and salad, xmas pudding with bandy sauce, mince pies and a glass or two of sherry followed by tea/coffee with mints. To end the afternoon there will be a fun game of "Open the Box". Book either through Jayne or Raj at our local shop. You will need to have purchased a ticket by no later than Wednesday 11th December, 2013. All welcome - 0 -110 years!
5. Wednesday, 18th December - Saint Thomas' Primary School have invited all residents and friends to their Infant Nativity Play. The school have offered to collect us (approximately 1.30pm) from The Circle and deliver us back at approximately 3-3:30pm.In certain circumstances the school is happy to collect individuals from their home. But, please let Jayne know a couple of days in advance.24 places available. Cost £2.00pp.
6. Volunteers needed to help with any of the above, especially with the preparation of the Christmas Lunch (sandwich making, decorating the hall and serving food).
7. Alex's Christmas Hamper 2013 - Alex / Jayne would welcome any donations to make this years Hamper as or even better than the last! Donations to be left at 55 Carless Avenue. Many thanks, in advance x
8. Alex or Jayne can be contacted by phone: 0121 427 1673 or by e-mail at: email@example.com
Alex - October 2013
1. The twelve month 100 Square. Alex hopes to be asking a resident to pull the first number from the bucket at the next MRA Coffee Morning in this coming October.
2. Alex's MPHT Christmas Hamper Raffle. December 2013...Any donations for the hamper are welcome e.g. homemade mince pies, homemade jam/pickles, homegrown vegetables/fruit, yummy homemade chocolate truffles, homemade wine, homemade Christmas decorations, homemade Christmas pudding...anything....even from our local shopkeeper, Raj. x Dates to be confirmed.
3. Alex's MPHT Christmas Breakfast at 55. A lazy Christmas breakfast get - together with friends and residents after all the pressie unwrapping. 6-8 places available. Cost £6.50 per person. Date and more information to follow shortly.
4. Easter Egg Raffle - April 2014. More information to follow.
5. Cowboy and Cowgirl Races on Moor Pool Estate. A highly entertaining afternoon when we let ourselves go wild and race to the finishing line. Individual teams of six to enter. Races to include children as well as adults. Corporate businesses encouraged to sponsor a race. Dates and entry forms will be made available in the New Year.
Help Alex to race to the finishing line and reach his target of £2,00.00 for the MPHT!
Alex - May 2012
On Saturday 26th May, 2012 after the gentile MRA coffee morning, Alex was taken on the ride of his life!
One of our local residents and friends took Alex on his Honda 1000cc motor bike. Alex had to wear his dad's old biker jacket, which i could tell brought back fond memories for adrian.
I thought geoff and alex were just going to potter around Moor Pool, but no...they went all around Shropshire: Kinver, the M5 and right out as far as Bridgenorth! Once they had arrived at bridgnorth, Geoff introduced Alex to a favourite extremely busy, local "Bikers cafe" for a quick drink and then they headed home. Alex absolutely loved it and was particularly impressed with all the leather gear, the bandana's (especially those with sculls and cross bones) and Geoff's fascinating stories.
Alex was dropped of at home for a quick change of attire and then picked back up by geoff in his vintage Morris 1934. The destination this time was Belbroughton, where they both gently made there way to the famous Fountain Pub at Clent for a light lunch. The weather, ambiance and company was wonderful!
Alex would like to thank Geoff very much for devoting his day to help raise funds for the Moor Pool Heritage Trust.
One unforgettable day in Alex's life!
Latest News - April 28th - Alex has exceeded his target of raising £1,500 within twelve months. An exemplary effort by a young man who is sure to go far - and heartfelt thanks to all those who have supported him in his achievement.
Alex - April 2012
Current amount raised by Alex towards the Moor Pool Heritage Trust is £1,352.51 (6/4/2012)
Target set by Alex is £1,500 by the end of April 2012
Storytelling night for grown ups 1st Dec
A pot-pourri of songs, stories and music from the Celtic lands of Europe told and played by Major Mustard in his own inimitable way in this celebration of the rich heritage of the Celts. The humour, sometimes sadness, and liveliness of the Celtic tradition is well represented in this show. This show is designed to be enjoyed by grown ups so there is a minimum age of 15. Bookings can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 689 7368. Tickets will be available to buy in advance and will cost £5. Payment can be also be made using Duckets. Lower Hall 7.45pm.
GIFT DUCKETS FOR CHRISTMAS
Wondering what to buy your Moor Pool neighbour this festive season? Make it easy and help the MPHT at the same time. Gift Duckets are now available to buy, choose whichever amount you want to spend and it will be marked on the front. They can be used as payment for any MPHT fundraising event such as quizzes, storytelling night and all the events coming up next year, for buying skills and services from the skills bank and for buying items on the recycle network. Email email@example.com or call 689 7368 for more details.
The newly formed Moorpool Fundraising Committee needs volunteers! If you can help in any way at all, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a large number of fundraising ideas and we are working to get these off the ground, so watch this space.
What you can do right now
This page will be regularly updated in the coming days and weeks, please keep checking to see what’s happening.
Contact can be made by e-mail to email@example.com or by using the post box at the Circle Newsagents.